Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Thrifty Find

Yesterday, I had to pick up my dear hubby from the hospital. He had an accident with an axe and had to have surgery to repair a cut tendon. He now sports and air cast aka roboboot, and is fairly dependent. Let's hope we don't get on each other's nerves too badly while he at home recovering. I really love him, but to be together ALL the time can be a little trying since he is easily bored now. Hopefully he can be back at work in the coming few weeks.

Before I went to the hospital to pick him up, I swung by the thrift store to see what I could find - that and I had a 25% off coupon. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular.
I did find though a really cute shirt. Completely not my size, but that didn't stop me from buying it. I thought I could cut it apart and make a little tee for D.

I laid the tee shirt on my cutting mat and placed my go-to shirt/bodice pattern on top and made the cutest little tee. (I like to have a pattern on hand rather than just tracing around an existing tee.) I managed to keep the ribbing from the neck and reuse it.  I also kept the sleeve hems to make the sleeves easier.  I could not keep the bottom hem because of the embroidery and text.

It fits a little big now, but that is okay. I was hoping there would be enough material for me to make long sleeves on the tee, but there wasn't so now she can wear it in the winter with a long sleeve shirt underneath.

She insisted on wearing socks with shorts - it makes her legs look short and fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment