Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

An Itty Bitty Dress

My cousin-in-law and her husband just had a baby girl.  They waited a very very long time to get pregnant, and finally, in March, we got news that they were expecting!  Her husband didn't believe it for real until he saw the ultrasound pictures.  Everyone was so excited for them.

Then at the end of August, she began to have some complications - her pregnancy was poisoning her.  To make a long story short, their baby was born prematurely by C section on September7.  A tiny and healthy  2lb baby girl.

Since it is their fist baby, and a long awaited baby, I thought we should send them something special.  A little package of baby goodies.

As their baby is so tiny, I knew store bought clothes would not fit, so I made the Itty Bitty Baby Dress.  I had had the pattern bookmarked for a while and now was the perfect time to use it.

Here is the end result.


And it really is itty bitty! 
Besides the doll clothes I once made, this is the smallest dress ever.  Actually, it's not even much bigger than the doll clothes I made.  Perfect for the little dollie who will one day wear this dress.

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Congrats on the new arrival to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress Deanna, I think we have similar tastes in sewing projects. I guess that happens when you have little girls. Thanks for entering the giveaway. You have a wonderful blog. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete