Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

a new month

It's April already! 
This is the month my little girl turns 2. 
It seems like she is already 2 though as she can say lots of words and even make sentences.  She can almost say her prayer by herself too!

It is also the month of markets for me.  I will be at the Spring Market in my hometown Neerlandia on April 20th and then at Weestock all day on the 21st.  Hopefully it will be busy, and even if it isn't busy for selling, at least busy for visiting other vendors and chatting.  

I have also received my Covert Robin swap.  Last week the mail lady came to my door and asked me to sign for a box.  I was only too happy to do so and then even happier when I opened the box!

I won't show you everything, just a little peek as I will be having my swapper guest post here sometime this month with everything she made and sent.  

Squares, perfectly cut and just right for hexies!

I had a bit of a disappointing swap earlier and so this was such a wonderful surprise.  
I guess that is the risk of swapping with people you don't know - are they going to put the effort in and make something just for me, or are they going to do a fast last minute job and make something I could have made without thinking.

I sure hope people see me as a person who puts thought into what I make.  I always check my partner's blog, Flickr, and Pinterest to see what kind of things they might like, what colours they like, patterns, etc.  Then I read their about page (which I should really have) and see if I can make something they will use.  

Good swapping takes a bit of effort and imagination, and I sure hope I do good at it.  
My partner for the Covert Robin swap did.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, you're so sweet. My little lady turned 2 today! Both my kids have April birthdays so it's a good month to be born, hope she has a happy birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the guest post!! and glad that everyone has been really happy with their gifts so far :)

    ReplyDelete