Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

a contest

Let me start by saying that I am not very confident in my colour coordinating abilities. 
My wardrobe is mostly solids or 'blenders' for tops mixed with jeans or black bottoms.
My walls are all cream coloured and then I simply add whatever I like for decor, whether it actually matches or not.
When choosing fabric, I generally stick to fabrics from the same line as I am really not sure about mixing patterns and colours.

That being said, this is a bit of a step out for me.  

Sew Lux Fabric is having a contest on their blog called the Guest Curator Contest.
I hesitated, but I am entering two mosaics.  They are slightly similar in that I kept the two gray prints and the purple solid.  I'm not very daring.


I am currently dreaming up a quilt for my daughter that is made with blue and purple fabrics.  So for this one, I started with the blues and purples.  Then I thought to pull in some pinks for the girly factor and add some grays because I absolutely love gray and it keeps things balanced.

Let's call it The Quilt.

How'd I do?

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job coordinating the fabrics for this collection. I love how the pop of red looks with the darker purples and greys.

    ReplyDelete