Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

a few things

It's done!  The quilt I made for my big girl is quilted and bound and washed and on her bed.  She was so proud, she just chucked her old 'baby' quilt in the crib and said that one is for K.  


The quilter, Lynn, used gold thread and a butterfly pattern.  I love what she did with it and I'm sorry I don't have a better picture of the quilting.

I've also finished this pillow cover - quilted and put together with an envelope style back along with my stamp.



I used organic Monaluna fabric for the pillow, so it feels gorgeous too.

Then I was inspired by Easter this morning and I whipped up this pillow cover.


I was thinking of doing just a yellow plus surrounded by blue, but this morning it dawned on me that this weekend is Good Friday and Easter Sunday, so I added one more square of yellow to make a cross instead of a plus.  I love this cover too and also want to keep it, but it will probably be up for sale at the Spring Market.

And my trip to the mailbox this morning was not in vain.  I received my Modern Scrappy Bits swap!
Danielle made me this gorgeous divided basket.


It looks similar to the basket pattern from Noodlehead, but my partner didn't say, so I'm just guessing.

She also sent along these wonderful blue and purple scraps for my feather quilt project.


I absolutely love the clothes on the line and those will find their way into different project I'm sure, maybe some Polaroid blocks, because I'm still stashing those too.

3 comments:

  1. What a lvely quilt for your wee sweetie! Nice swap mail too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt and the pillow covers.....good on you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that cushion cover is lovely!! What size are the squares? Hooray for great swap mail - one of my favourite things :)

    ReplyDelete